My choice of topic for the paper is “Mao and the Cultural Revolution, 1966-1976”.
There will be four main part of the paper, first, the historical background in China in 1966. Second, the cause of the Cultural Revolution. Third, the truth of the Cultural Revolution. Fourth, the consequences of the Cultural Revolution.
The paper will mainly focus on:
First, what happened between China and Soviet Union from 1949 to 1966?
Second, what triggered the Cultural Revolution?
Third, communism vs socialism.
Fourth, the humanitarian disaster caused by the Cultural Revolution.
Fifth, Mao and the Red Guard
sixth, the social influence and result by the Cultural Revolution.
Ramzy, Austin. â€œChina’s Cultural Revolution, Explained.â€ The New York Times, The New York Times, 14 May 2016, www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/world/asia/china-cultural-revolution-explainer.html.
Griffiths, James. â€œHow the Cultural Revolution Changed China Forever.â€ CNN, Cable News Network, 17 May 2016, www.cnn.com/2016/05/12/asia/china-cultural-revolution-dikotter/index.html.
Phillips, Tom. â€œThe Cultural Revolution: All You Need to Know about China’s Political Convulsion.â€ The Guardian, Guardian News and Media, 11 May 2016, www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/11/the-cultural-revolution-50-years-on-all-you-need-to-know-about-chinas-political-convulsion.
pedia, wiki. â€œæ–‡åŒ–å¤§é©å‘½.â€ Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 6 Nov. 2019, zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%96%87%E5%8C%96%E5%A4%A7%E9%9D%A9%E5%91%BD.
Szczepanski, Kallie. â€œMao’s Catastrophic Great Leap Forward in China.â€ ThoughtCo, ThoughtCo, 3 Sept. 2019, www.thoughtco.com/the-great-leap-forward-195154.
more sources can be used
- Students are required to write a minimum of 5 full pages, not counting title page and works cited; please keep the essay to no more than 7 pages. Format: Doubled-spaced, typed, font in Times New Roman or Arial, size 12. 1-inch margins all around. Works Cited must be properly formatted. Refer to appropriate references for assistance in writing. Sites such as https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/ and https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/section/2/ may be excellent resources.
- Your research paper will be scored using the Research Paper rubric. Review this rubric to ensure you understand how your work will be graded.
- Why are you required to write a paper? This exercise will give you the opportunity to become familiar with the processes of historical inquiry and writing (i.e. â€œHow do we know what we know?â€). Reading is a significant part of any historical project. After selecting a topic, you must include at least four sources. Please do not cite the online encyclopedia Wikipedia or similar general information sites (such as com or about.com). It is advisable to avoid using web sites that end in the suffixes â€œ.com,â€ â€œ.orgâ€ or â€œ.netâ€ altogether (conversely those ending in â€œ.govâ€ or â€œ.eduâ€ are more acceptable).
- Consider this project as an important reflection of your expertise and interest in the topic.
- Each student is responsible to submit a clear, concise and well-organized essay free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- It needs to have a title paper and a reference page.