For this Interaction Paper, you will choose a topic from the list below and write a 7–8-page paper based on methods of conflict resolution. You will be required to show your understanding of issues that cause conflict and the methods/resources being used today towards specific resolution. Special permission to choose and write on a topic not included on the list may be secured from the instructor.
Area 1 Topics
Area 1 topics are about conflict and are theoretical in nature. Your interaction paper should:
- Clearly define your purpose and clarify a specific question to answer. Your purpose should be general in nature and serve to prompt a more specific question that you will attempt to answer. For example, using the “Hillary Clinton as Peace Maker” topic, the purpose might be to explore how world leaders act as intermediaries to achieve diplomacy. The specific question could be, “How has Hillary Clinton made attempts to maintain peace between the U.S. and hostile countries like North Korea and Iran?”
- Specify a method for how you will accomplish your purpose and answer your question. This step is a preview of your research, and you will briefly indicate the tools you used to conduct your study. You may use any number of methods: surveying literature or journal articles, conducting surveys, studying historical cases, etc.
- Demonstrate your research. In this section, you will provide the details of your research process. Your input here should comprise the majority of your content.
- Draw some conclusions you reached. In this section, you will answer the question you posed in Step 1.
- Summarize the results of your research.
- Give recommendations for further study.
Choose your topic from the list below:
· The Biblical mandate for resolving conflict
· Interpersonal Conflict and the Scriptures
· Examples of IP conflict between man and God and man and man in Scripture.
· The importance and significance of “forgiveness” in resolving conflict.
· Techniques that may be used for international conflict reconciliation
· Jimmy Carter as Peace Maker
· Condoleezza Rice as Conflict Resolver
· Bill Clinton as Conflict Resolver
· President Obama as Conflict Resolver
· Kissinger as Effective Negotiator
· Hillary Clinton as Conflict Resolver
· Mediation and conflict resolution in job disputes
· Barriers to Conflict Resolution
· Peacekeeping and Conflict Resolution
· Business Management Methods of Handling Conflict.
· The Functions of Conflict
· Dealing with Racism as conflict
· Dealing with Gender as conflict
· Dealing with Multicultural conflicts
· Forgiveness and Reconciliation in Conflict
· Social-Psychological Perspectives of Conflict
· Conflict Climates
· Stress and Conflict Affects
· Anger and Conflict Affects
· Confrontation and Conflict
· Listening and Conflict
· The Church as a Stimulus for Peacemaking
· Any theory or model that deals with conflict
· Techniques used in International Conflict resolution