Physical activity is a component of children’s development that will be incorporated into everyday learning. Educators find creative ways to incorporate more movement and play in the early childhood classrooms.
Find a birth to Pre-K child care facility and have a discussion with a classroom teacher to gain insights on the following:
- How much time children are allowed to participate in physical activity
- How learning objectives are written to address physical activity
- How lessons are designed to incorporate physical activity
Observe and take note of the types of physical activity in which the children participate. The birth to Pre-K child care facility that you choose is where you will spend all of your field experience hours for this course.
Use any remaining field experience hours to assist the teacher in providing instruction and support to the class.
Write a 250-500 word reflection based on your experience at the child care facility and your interview. Reflect upon and evaluate personal practice related to including physical activity and play in the lives of young children.
Address the following in your reflection:
- How lesson plans can include physical activity
- How educators can address the need for physical activity in the classroom
- What you plan to implement into your future teaching practice
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.