Databases can be used in many different settings at home, at the office, or in school.
- Identify a database program you have used. What is the name of it?
- What experiences did you have with it?
- Why did you use it?
- What types of data were stored and how was information retrieved?
- What advantages and disadvantages are associated with using it?
- Could a spreadsheet program been used just as effectively? Why or why not?
Review your classmates’ original posts and respond to at least two.
- Recommend another database program that may be suitable for storing, retrieving, and using information.
- Identify any advantages or disadvantages of using the recommended database. (This may be a database you have used or have researched.)