Imagine that you manage a department in a health care organization of your choosing. The organization recently merged with another, layoffs occurred, and departments are now being consolidated. Your department now has employees whose ages span four generations, three different cultural groups are represented, and conflict is brewing between them. The conflict is affecting performance, shift scheduling, and cooperation with other departments.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word directive to address these conflicts. Do the following in your directive:
- Assess the situation that your department is facing.
- Create clear and reasonable expectations and goals to achieve cohesion, cooperation, and communication in your department.
- Lay out a strategy to overcome these conflicts and improve workplace performance.
- Explain how success will be measured based on your strategy and goals.
- Consider using tables, matrices, or other visuals.
- Evaluate what leadership traits you need to incorporate in order to lead your diverse department.
Create a 10-minute, 5- to 9-slide voice-over presentation using either MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® or websites like Google Slidesâ„¢, AdobeÂ® Slate, or Prezi that presents your directive to the human resources manager and chief operating manager.
Cite at least 3 reputable references to support your assignment (e.g., trade or industry publications, government or agency websites, scholarly works, or other sources of similar quality).
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment. For additional help, check out the ULTRA: Access your assignments page.
This assignment requires 2 parts/ 2 attachments: a word document and a PowerPoint presentation.
There are 8 parts that will be graded:
Clear and Reasonable expectations (**HINT – use SMART goals)
Strategies to overcome conflicts
Measuring Success (*HINT – be clear, concise and quantifiable)
Leadership Style Evaluation (*HINT – Self Reflection, incorporate creativity)
Information Utilization (*HINT – 3 or more CREDITABLE references, citations throughout)
For the PowerPoint – I expect something that you would submit to your boss. Complete, final, and aesthetic. Choose a background. Slides should have bullets, and should have voice-over or detailed notes. Include citations and reference lists.