A job description is a useful tool that describes all the tasks, duties, and responsibilities of a position. The primary function of this assignment is to increase understanding of the critical elements in a job description and its alignment to the HRM process and to talent acquisition. Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the article Job Worth Doing: Update Descriptions (Links to an external site.), the guide Best Practices and Emerging Trends in Recruitment and Selection, (Links to an external site.) and the web page Employers (Links to an external site.) from the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
In your paper,
- Discuss how a job description is a function of management.
- Consider the following areas of a job description below and explain how these components contribute to an effective performance management system:
- Tools and technology
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs)
- Education requirements
- Explain the legal components in a job description as it relates to the EEOC.
- Describe at least two assessment methods that can be used when recruiting qualified candidates and how those two methods are appropriate for meeting organizational objectives.