This week we will be utilizing technology in more depth to complete our assignment. You are being asked to create a PowerPoint presentation which will either propose a CHANGE an Internet policy, OR propose a NEW Internet policy. The purpose of changing or creating a new policy should ensure societyâ€™s right to privacy and safety are protected through our internet utilization.
Your PowerPoint presentation should be no less than 8 slides.
All resources utilized to complete the presentation should be listed on a references page on the final slide, in addition to providing proper in-text citations within individual slides.
- Determine an internet privacy/safety policy, law, or rule you would like to change or create.
- This can be a policy which impacts society overall (i.e. Internet Privacy Bill, Net Neutrality Rules, Social Media rules, etc.), or a policy specific to your own work environment.
- Hint – our textbook provides some great starting guidelines.
- You will more than likely need to do a bit of research to fully understand the policy youâ€™d like to change or create.
Questions/Information to address within your presentation:
- Explain a brief introduction of the policy you are proposing to change or create (this may take 2-3 slides depending on the policy).
- Share the reasoning for WHY you want to change or create this policy (should be at least one slide).
- Clarify who will benefit from the changes or creation of this policy (should be at least one slide).
- Consider who may challenge this proposed policy change or new policy, and share what components he/she/they may object to.
- Provide key ideas or points on how you would overcome those challenges (may take 2-4 slides to fully address both variables ).
- Conclude with 1-2 slides summarizing why you feel this proposed change or new policy should be implemented, and what first step should take place to begin this process.
- Donâ€™t forget a final slide as the References Page listing any outside resources used.