- Explain how the concept of invisible gorillas is displayed in the policy-making process.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of cost-benefit analysis.
- Describe the pros and cons of government red tape and the Nanny State.
- Assess Susteinâ€™s effort to simplify regulatory choice architecture.
- Include appropriate reference to the assigned readings to support your statements.
- Apply correct APA citations and format to your response.
Simpler: The Future of Government
Chapter 5, â€œAutomatic for the Peopleâ€ (pp. 100â€“126)
Chapter 6, â€œInvisible Gorillas and Human Herdsâ€ (pp. 127â€“146)
Chapter 7, â€œRegulatory Moneyballâ€ (pp. 147â€“172)
Chapter 8, â€œEliminating Red Tapeâ€ (pp. 173â€“189)
Chapter 9, â€œThe Nanny State?â€ (pp. 190â€“208)
Chapter 10, â€œSimplifying Choice Architectureâ€ (pp. 209â€“214)
Sunstein, C. R. (2013).
In this video, Sustein shares his work, your textbook, at Politics and Prose Bookstore in Washington, DC.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 5:48 minutes.
Simons, D. (2010).