I need these assignments in 150 words each, I also want each with its own references
One of the most skipped steps in the strategic planning process is the evaluation phase. Assume that you work for a hospital that has just implemented its 5-year strategic plan and the plan has been in effect for 1 year.
- From your viewpoint, what is the most appropriate way to evaluate this plan, and what time frame would you use for evaluation? Why?
- Is the valuation and control process appropriate for a healthcare organization that emphasizes creativity? Are control and creativity compatible? What is an example of a creative venture for the typical acute care hospital?
A SWOT analysis is used to assist those involved in the strategic planning process in compiling information pertinent to formulating the rest of a strategic plan. Although the information garnered from such an analysis can help to formulate strategies, the SWOT analysis itself does not always render concrete answers. For example, something found in the SWOT analysis might not fit neatly into one of the categories, but instead can be placed in several depending on which perspective you are looking at the characteristic from.
Assume that you are asked to complete a SWOT analysis for a fictional, large, physician cardiology practice. You are having a hard time fitting all of the characteristics into the SWOT analysis categories. After careful deliberation, you complete the analysis and submit it for review to the practice manager.
- Give 2 to 3 examples for each of the SWOT categories for your cardiology practice SWOT analysis. Why did you select these categories for specific services?
- What advice would you give them on analyzing the results of the SWOT analysis?
- Does the SWOT relate to strategic assessment? How?
When developing strategies for not-for-profit and public health organizations, a needs/capacity assessment is performed.
- Why must this special assessment be performed in lieu of another strategic alternative assessment, such as a SPACE analysis?
- Provide a hypothetical example to show your rationale for the special assessment process. The example given is open for peer comment and discussion.
There are 5 categories of strategy formulation available to utilize: directional strategies, adaptive, market entry, competitive, and implementation strategies. To be effective, the strategies must be formulated in a specific order.
- Why is it so important to formulate strategies in this specific order?
- Provide an example of each category of strategy formulation for discussion.
- Based on your perspective, is one type of strategy formulation more effective than another for an acute care hospital? Why or why not?
Part of successfully implementing a strategic plan is involving everyone in the organization in the plan. You work as an admission coordinator for an assisted living facility that just enacted its 5-year strategic plan. However, no one has communicated any of the components of the plan to any departments, including yours. Instead, management has chosen to include only senior-level management.
- What do you think of this implementation approach?
- Do you think it will be an effective strategy? Why or why not?
- What would you do differently to ensure the successful implementation of the assisted living facility’s strategic plan?
- Direct your comments specifically to an assisted living facility’s characteristics and how a strategic plan might be implemented in such an organization.