Option #2: Leadership Analysis Presentation
Attached is the leaders for this project
For this Portfolio Project presentation, you will choose two well-known leaders in different countries and cultures (for example, a leader from the United States and a leader from China). You will compare these two leaders in terms of their leadership styles, their methods for gaining power and influence, and their success and effectiveness as a leader.
The entire portfolio project is worth 35% of your overall grade for this course. Make sure to use research to back up your statements within the paper. You will need to address each of the following as they relate to your two leaders. Each question is worth equal value.
- A brief background for each leader including a profile of the leader, the organization they work for, the country or culture in which they work, the industry in which they work, their leadership level within the organization (lower level, middle level, executive level), and any other relevant information
- An overview of the culture in which the leader holds a position of leadership
- A comparison of the techniques used by each leader to gain power in his or her role within the organization
- A comparison of how subordinates relate to each leader, including how much influence the subordinates have on each leader in his or her respective culture
- An analysis of how each leader uses influence to change the behavior of other leaders, co-workers, and subordinates based on his or her respective culture
- A comparison of the techniques used by each leader to influence employee motivation
- An analysis of self-destructive tendencies (dark characteristics) of each leader, and how these tendencies affect the leadership effectiveness
- An analysis of which leadership theory best describes each leader and the reasons why you selected the leadership theory based on research
- An evaluation of how successful the two leaders are in their respective cultures and ideas for how they could improve their effectiveness given the culture in which they are leaders
- Your presentation should be either a 5- to 8-minute video or 10-12 narrated slides with images and detailed speaker notes (between 75 to 100 words per slide), not counting the title and reference page slides, which you must include in both the video and slide presentation.
- You may use your smartphone, webcam, or other video recording device, PowerPoint or an internet-based program such as Prezi or Slide Rocket. Be sure to include the URL of your presentation when using internet-based tools. Paste the URL into a Word document and upload it with your presentation.
- You may also record your audio/video presentation using the Canvas tools.
- You must back up your analysis with at least six references not used as required or recommended readings in this course. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these sources. You may also use additional credible sources including newspapers, trade journals, government reports, and white papers. You may not use Wikipedia in any CSU-Global course. You may use course required or recommended readings as additional sources over the required six references.
- Follow the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.). See the Example PPT Presentation (Links to an external site.)in the Online Research and Writing Lab for information on presentation development.
Review the Portfolio Project Rubric for more information on how you will be graded on this assignment. Reach out to your instructor with any questions.