lease read chapters 10 and 11. Please read the powerpoint
Then read the article.
Then answer at least 1 question from each group of questions below:
- How has America changed in its values according to the article?
- How have you seen values change since you were born till now?
- What is the fundamental conclusion of the article?
- Do you agree with the conclusion before reading the article? What is your opinion based on?
- How important are fathers in the lives of children?
- How important is marriage in the lives of fathers and children?
- Is cohabitation the same as marriage? Why or why not?
- Why do you think children from a divorced family are more likely to divorce?
- Why are childrenâ€™s poverty rates so high?
- Do you think marriage or decreasing the divorce rate could be one of the answers to lowering poverty rates of our citizens?
- Why do divorced children do less well in school?
- Why do divorced children graduate from high school and achieve high-status jobs less frequently than non-divorced children?
- Why do you think children of married parents have better physical health?
- Why do you think infant mortality is related to divorce?
- Talk about the physical health of men and women who are married versus those who arenâ€™t
- Talk about the mental/emotional health of married vs. non-married
- What do you think is the biggest factor leading to the troubles boys can face when living in a single-parent home?
- Why would a child not living with his 2 biological parents be at greater risk for child abuse?
- After reading the article, what is your opinion of the importance of marriage?
- What implications does this research have for marriage and family therapy and policy?
- Do we need to spend energy, time, and money on divorce prevention given this data?
- Might we actually save money in America by lowering the divorce rate? How? (Hint, if less children are part of married families might that be less families on welfare? Etc.)
Click “Reply” to post your original 300 word post.