Monitoring and Evaluation
Effective health care organizations recognize the importance of monitoring the implementation of a strategy as well as ongoing operations. These organizations plan ahead to ensure that appropriate measures are in place for evaluation purposes. For this Discussion, you will examine a strategic planning scenario and identify measures that could be used for monitoring and evaluation.
Prepare for this Discussion as follows:
- Review the “Learning Exercise” on page 270 of Managing Health Care Business Strategy. With this in mind, develop a hypothetical scenario of your own—one that reflects your own interests related to health care strategic planning.
- What steps would need to be followed to set up a good strategy monitoring and adjustment program in this scenario?
- Prepare a list of approximately eight financial and nonfinancial metrics that you would propose for monitoring in the hypothetical scenario you have developed. Include the sources you would use to gather the necessary data.
- Think of an example of something that might be discovered during the strategic monitoring program you are proposing. What adjustments might be made in response?
Due October 15, 2015 APA WITH IN CITE CITATIONS
This is a discussion question 1 page answer on the questions below
- Describe the hypothetical scenario you have developed.
- Explain the steps for setting up a good strategy-monitoring and adjustment program, as it relates to this scenario.
- List the eight metrics you have selected and provide a rationale for two or three of the ones that you think are particularly important.
- Provide an example of a something that might be discovered during a strategic monitoring program and the adjustments that could be made in response.
Learning Exercise” on page 270 of Managing Health Care Business Strategy
You are the business manager of a fifteen-physician group practice in family medicine that at a recent strategic planning retreat agreed to open a satellite clinic on the periphery of its current market area in order to increase the number of families that it serves. The clinic will be located in area of somewhat older, rundown homes that seems to be undergoing slow but steady gentrification. The clinic initially will be staffed by three physicians and has a maximum capacity of ten doctors. One of your responsibilities under the strategic plan to create the clinic is to establish a modest program for keeping track of the factors and variables that might affect the success of the clinic. To get started, prepare a list of ten to fifteen financial and nonfinancial metrics that you propose to monitor, including the sources you will use to gather the necessary data. For each one of the metrics, indicate the directions in which they might change and the adjustments in the plan for the new clinic that would be necessary.