- Read your text and other appropriate resources/references.
- Interview a pregnant woman who is in the first or second trimester in order to assess her 24-hour nutrition (food) intake. Include all meals, snacks, fluids, and vitamin supplements. You may put this in a chart format instead of writing in out in paragraph form. Assess the 24-hour nutritional intake of a pregnant woman. Be specific regarding amounts (ounces, Â½ cup, 1 cup, etc.).
- Use Super Tracker https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/default.aspx, My Fitness Pal http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/learn_more, or any other app that allows you to input a 24-hour diet recall and have the diet analyzed for nutrition information. (You may attach a print out of your findings, but the computer printout will not count towards your 2-3 pages of content.
- Compare the womanâ€™s 24-hour intake to the recommended daily requirements during pregnancy for her gestational age. See the website: www.mypyramid.gov for the most current US recommendations for nutrition in pregnancy.
- Write at least one paragraph of your nutrition recommendations for the patient. Discuss the changes needed in the pregnant womanâ€™s nutritional intake in order to meet the recommended daily intake, including rationale (why changes are needed).
- Write a brief summary describing your experience in completing this assignment.
- Using APA style, Times Roman, 12 font, and double spaced type, write a two to three (2-3) page paper.
Introduction (5 points)
Initials, age, and gestational age of woman (3 points)
Discussion of 24-hour intake; be specific regarding amounts (25 points)
Comparison of 24-hour intake to recommended daily requirements (30 points)
Recommendations to improve nutritional intake, including rationale (20 points)
Summary (5 points)
References (2 points)
Organization, grammar, punctuation, spelling (10 points)
**You can make up a gestational age (how many weeks of a pregnancy) as long as its between the 1st and 2nd trimester. This paper doesn’t have to be based on a actual person, but make sure its aligned with the rubric.