Your task for this project is to interview at least one manager or executive to learn about the institution’s or one of its team’s organizational behavior based on the topics discussed in this course. This interview may be in person, over the phone, via email, or in whatever manner is most conducive to you and the interviewee. Whichever method you select, you will need to have the opportunity to ask follow-up questions as necessary.
Ultimately, you will provide an extensive summary of the corporation’s/team’s current situation in regards to the organizational behavior topics you’ve selected to discuss. You will then evaluate the corporation/team and provide suggestions for improving their organizational behavior. This project may take the form of a paper, video-recording, infographic, or any other tool you feel can best present the information you’ve gathered and the solutions you are providing.
Competency 1: Recognize organizational behavior theories and principles in business
- Provide the name of the corporation you will be using as the basis for this project.
- Provide the organization’s purpose or mission statement.
- Describe the organization’s industry.
- Provide the name and position of the person interviewed during this portion of the assignment (indicate as much pertinent information (e.g., length of service with company, previous roles in the company, educational background, etc.).
- Provide the list of interview questions you asked the manager/executive.
- Indicate which two – three of the following concepts from this competency that you intend to evaluate the organization/team on and describe the company’s/team’s current situation with each topic you’ve selected:
- Systems theory as applied to the organization/team
- Organizational culture
- How the culture is being sustained or changed
- Socialization of members
- The role of personality
- Provide citations in APA format for any references (including those provided in the course) you’ve used in this section.