The three major types of malicious activities that organizations’ information systems face include:
- Hostile or malicious insider activity.
- Theft of private, proprietary, or sensitive data, by insiders or external attackers.
- Large scale DoS (denial-of-service) attacks.
Based on your research:
- Describe a present-day example of your selected type of malicious activity and its impact on the organization.
- Specify the countermeasures the organization took to address the malicious activity.
- Recommend at least one additional preventative countermeasure and at least one countermeasure organizations could take to address this type of activity once it has occurred.