Scenario: Overbridge LLC CEO, Pat Overbridge, has asked you to attend a Board of Director’s meeting to give an update on the final report research you have done so far. He asked you to give a 7- 10 PowerPoint slide presentation that will address the following:
- Familiarize the Board with the Problem/Purpose Statements and the research questions that your report will address. Make sure that the BOD can tell from your problem and purpose statements which benefit option you have identified to defend.
- Inform the Board of the methods of research used to create the report.
- Provide the Board with an update on the research findings to date and the sources used.
- Research (at least three secondary sources) on the pros/cons of each benefit program (paid leave and wellness) in the workplace. Please include citations (not just URLs) at the bottom of the slide where you present the research. Note: The final report requires four secondary sources.
- Include at least one original graph demonstrating the results of the primary research. Note: two graphs are required for the final report.
- Provide a preliminary assessment of opportunities and challenges for each benefit program. Make a preliminary recommendation only if you believe you have completed enough secondary research to date.
- Specify the next steps (what still needs to be done) and when the final report is expected.
- Audio portion of the presentation. You have a choice between the following:
a) providing audio in the PowerPoint or uploading a corresponding audio/video file along with the PowerPoint file.
b) writing exactly what you would “say” in the notes section of PowerPoint slides as if you were actually presenting your PowerPoint to the Board. Do NOT write exactly what you would say in the PowerPoint slides themselves; instead use the notes section within the PowerPoint software.
Remember, you must present confidently, but accurately. Do not overstate your progress or make unsupported conclusions at this stage of the project.
Please review the rubric to see how this report will be graded.
RubricBoard PowerPoint Presentation w/RatingsBoard PowerPoint Presentation w/RatingsCriteriaRatingsPtsThis criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAdequate research performed that is relevant to the problem: 3 sources cited10.0 ptsOutside resources used and synthesis of all sources is clear7.0 pts3 sources used, but not cited in presentation5.0 ptsOnly 1-2 resources used and/or information lacks synthesis.0.0 ptsNo resources cited; poor synthesis10.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeBegin with clear statement of report purpose10.0 ptsYes5.0 ptsPurpose statement is not clear0.0 ptsNo statement provided10.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeIntroduce research questions and explain methodology for obtaining answers to those questions15.0 ptsMethod, benefits and challenges presented in detail11.0 pts1-2 items missing or lacking in detail5.0 pts3-4 items lacking detail0.0 ptsMore than 4 items lacking detail15.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeExplain findings to date; provide at least 1 effective primary data visual; update audience on progress and next steps; provide expected report completion date.15.0 ptsFindings tie clearly to research; progress report is clear11.0 ptsFindings tie to research, but are weak and or visual not effective5.0 ptsFindings are not a natural outgrouth of research and are weak and/or progress report is not thorough enough and/or visual missing0.0 ptsNo findings or progress provided15.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeSpelling/Grammar is perfect; bullet points have parallel grammatical construction10.0 ptsPerfect5.0 pts1-2 mistakes0.0 ptsMore than 2 mistakes10.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAppropriate Design and Format: Avoid full sentences/paragraphs; Use appropriate size font (generally 24 pt or larger); Appropriate use of visuals10.0 ptsYes8.0 pts1-2 mistakes4.0 pts3-4 mistakes0.0 ptsInappropriate design10.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAudio portion written in notes section of slides or audio provided in addition to the slides10.0 ptsYes8.0 pts1-2 minor errors4.0 ptsAudio included, but does not flow well0.0 ptsNo audio provided10.0 pts
Total Points: 80.0