When selecting a topic, please do use where I work currently as an example; as the professor knows where I work. Instead please use an example of my past employment…IE Delta Airlines, Army…
- Chapter 20 in Project Management: A Systems Approach to Planning, Scheduling, and Controlling
- Part 1: Chapter 8 in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOKÂ® Guide)
- American Society for Quality [ASQ]. (2015). Knowledge center. Retrieved from http://asq.org/knowledge-center/index.html
- Fierro, R. (2016). Buying into quality. Quality Progress, 49(9), 30-37.
- International Organization for Standardization. (2015). ISO 9000â€”quality management. Retrieved from http://www.iso.org/iso/home/standards/management-standards/iso_9000.htm
Module 6: Critical Thinking
- Points 90
- Submitting a file upload
Critical Thinking Assignment (90 Points)
Important! Read First
Choose one of the following two assignments to complete this week. Do not do both assignments. Identify your assignment choice in the title of your submission.
Option #1: Quality Methodologies
Select an organization that interests you (where you currently work, have worked in the past, would like to work, or have read about) that is not currently using a quality control methodology, or has not been successful implementing a methodology.
- Provide a summary of each of the significant quality methodologies reviewed in the Module 6 lecture.
- Select the one you feel is most effective and determine the one most appropriate for the organization. Identify your selection in your paper and explain your rationale for selecting that particular methodology.
- Include a discussion of your analysis; recommend a quality methodology and consider the organizationâ€™s experience with projects, quality-related issues, and culture in the explanation of your rationale.
- You must specify clearly which quality methodology you recommend, and it must be one of those specified in the Module 6 lecture.
Your paper should be 2-to-3-pages, well written, and in conformity with CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.) for style and writing expectations. Be sure to properly organize your writing and include an introduction, headings / subheadings for the body of your work, analysis and recommendations, conclusion, and list of references. Include a title and a reference page that includes at least two outside references (in addition to your textbook) to support your thinking.
Option #2: Quality Methodologies Comparison
Some of the more common quality and improvement methodologies and standards include Lean, Six Sigma, total quality management (TQM), and ISO 9000.
For this assignment, summarize each of the methodologies and standards and then compare and contrast all of these methodologies and standards through an analysis of the following questions:
- What are some of the common tools or techniques for each methodology?
- What types of industries would be a good fit for each of these methodologies?
- Based on these methodologies, which do you think is the easiest to pair with project management or total quality management programs within an organization for continuous improvement?
Your 2-to-3-page paper must be well written, follow the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.) for writing and style, and have at least two outside references (in addition to your textbook). Be sure to properly organize your writing and include an introduction, headings / subheadings for the body of your work, analysis and recommendations, conclusion, and list of references.