you will be expected to watch the documentary 13th directed by Ava DuVernay and write a response paper.
1. Watching the documentary
2. Instructions for the response paper
After watching the documentary, select two of the following questions below and write a short response paper. Please use 12-point font, normal margins (1 inch), and double-spacing. Your paper should be at least 2 pages long. Submit your paper electronically through Brightspace.
3. List of questions
- What did you find most intriguing about the documentary?
- Describe the statistics that show high incarceration rates in the United States. Were the costs of mass incarceration borne equally by every racial group? Why or why not?
- How does the media and politics serve to maintain different views of racial groups? In what ways do these views disadvantage certain groups?
- In the documentary, identify problems in the current criminal justice system. Explain how these problems might particularly impact people of color.
- How is the 13th Amendment clause used as a conduit to preserve racial disparities within the criminal justice system?
PLEASE IF YOU DON’T HAVE AN ACCOUNT IN NETFLIX DO NOT BID IN THE QUESTION!!!