Prepare a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper, in which you examine the root causes of ethnic tension in California state history.
Include the following items:
- Explore the historical justifications used for discrimination against Chinese people living in the state.
- Explore the factors leading to Japanese-American internment during World War II.
- Explore the factors leading to anti-Hispanic sentiment, as seen in zoot-suit riots (1942).
- Explore the factors leading to anti-Black feelings, as seen in Watts riots (1965).
- Analyze the factors that led to the Los Angeles riots (1992).
- Examine the effect of California immigration policies in the 1990s on politics and ethnic conflict in the state.
Reference at least three peer-reviewed sources.
Format your assignment according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.