In this option, you will review Freud’s case study of Little Hans, the young boy who developed a fear of horses. Read the original case study of Little Hans, located on the student website.
Prepare a 1,500- to 1,750-word paper in which you use psychoanalytic theory to analyze Little Hans.
Include the following in your paper:
- Complete an analysis of the phobia of Little Hans from a psychoanalytic perspective.
- Discuss how psychoanalytic theory conceptualized the phobia of Little Hans.
- Discuss why this was such a remarkable strategy for the period.
- Describe, in detail, how the phobia of Little Hans could be explained by the following:
- Classical conditioning (behavioral perspective)
- Observational learning (social learning perspective)
Cite at least two psychoanalytic references in your paper to support your assessment.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.