Assignment: Process Analysis Paragraph
The student will be able to demonstrate the ability to write correctly applying an accurate sequence of ideas in a paragraph. Also, the student will be able to demonstrate the capacity for reflective and critical thinking.
You will be submitting a process analysis paragraph. As you have studied in the resources included in this module, the main purpose of a process analysis paragraph is to tell you how to do something.â€¯It is aâ€¯processâ€¯divided into separate steps.â€¯You will have toâ€¯explain the specific steps in chronologicalâ€¯orderâ€¯using timeâ€¯orderâ€¯transitions;â€¯for example, first, second, next, then, and for the concluding sentence you will use to conclude.â€¯This type of paragraph ends with a specific result.
You will submit the following: a cover page with the details that are required in the rubric, the brainstorming and the paragraph (1 paragraph)
You will write the paragraph based on a procedure that is carried out (requires steps) in your field. It needs to be written in your own words. I am including some tips that will help you compose your paragraph.
- Do not include your comments or opinions about the paragraph. You must stick to the process analysis as it should be according to the rules.
- The brainstorming technique will help you come up with ideas, words or phrases related to the topic. With those ideas, it will be easier to compose sentences that will help you write your paragraph. It must be submitted as part of the assignment.
- Make sure you are using your own words and you are including the requirements given in the rubric. The rubric is included to make sure you can evaluate your work. Before submitting, please review your assignment with it.
- Use complete sentences and transitions. Donâ€™t forget the rules about commas.
Basically, for the paragraph that you will be writing, you will be asking yourself these questions:
- Did I explain how to do something?
- Does it have a topic sentence?
- Are the steps in my paragraph in a logical order?
- Does it have a concluding sentence?
- Did I use commas according to the rules?
- Did I use the correct transitions?
- Did I capitalize correctly?
This assignment needs to be submitted in a Word document. It must not be converted in pdf. If you have any doubts or questions, you should post them in the Q & A Forum with enough time to help you in an opportune manner.
The work must be delivered on time, without spelling or grammar mistakes. The works will be submitted to the tool to detect the similarity of content (now Urkund). Submit the answers in a Word document, Times New Roman, size 12. You must include references in APA format, three years or less.
If you have doubts or questions, you must publish them in the Doubts and Questions Forum in time to help you promptly.
- Guide toâ€¯Transitionâ€¯Words and Sentence Samples â€“ Gallaudet University Retrieved on August 20th, 2018 from Gallaudet University. https://bit.ly/2ofqYq5 (Enlaces a un sitio externo.) (Enlaces a un sitio externo.)
- Prepositionsâ€¯- Grammar – Academic Guides atâ€¯Walden University. (2018). Retrieved from https://bit.ly/2LqEArD (Enlaces a un sitio externo.) Enlaces a un sitio externo.
- Enlaces a un sitio externo.Folse, K.S., Muchmore-Vokoun, A., Vestri Solomon, E. (2010).Great paragraphs 2. Heinle Cengage Learning: United States