In this class you will complete a Research Study Proposal to investigate a social-psychological issue to allow you to put into practice what you have learned throughout this course by designing a hypothetical research study proposal.
The Research Study Proposal will be divided into two assignments: Research Study Proposal Part I and l Research Study Proposal Part II.
The topic of your research study should be on a social-psychological issue. Social Psychology focuses on the impact of social environments on individuals or groups.
Two examples of social psychology focused studies are:
- A study that researches the impact of public awareness ad campaigns on public attitudes toward the severely mental ill
- A study comparing types school administrator response to reports of bullying and victims’ willingness to report instances of bullying to their parents.
The Research Study Proposal Part I must include the four components below. You will use these components as subheadings for four sections in your paper
1. Proposed Topic: Describe the study’s topic and focus (1 page minimum)
2. Hypothesis (can be in a form of question or stating the Ho and Ha)
3. Participants. Describe participant demographics (race, gender, age, religion, SES, area of the country in which they live, etc.), the process for selecting/recruiting them, and the rational for selecting them (1/2 page minimum)
4. Sampling Method: Discuss the proposed sampling method and the rational for selecting it (1 page minimum)
Your paper must also:
- Be a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 4 full pages, size 12 font, Times New Roman, double spaced with 1 inch margins, NOT including the Title and References pages.
- Be in APA format, including a title page and reference page.
- Be proofread and contain few to no grammar errors, misspellings, incorrect APA formatting, or typographical errors.
- Incorporate a minimum of three supportive scholarly citations and references to support content and conclusions.