Discussion Topic Due July 16 at 11:59 PM
The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered.
For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use outside sources. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of week.
Public Health Care System
The terms: health care and public health are often used interchangeably. Two such widely used terms are public health and health promotion.
Based on your understanding of the topic, create a report in a Microsoft Word document answering the following questions:
- Define the terms public health and health promotion.
- What are the similarities and differences between the two?
- What specific health promotion activity was provided in your community during the past one year and what was the beneficial result?
- How did Healthy People 2020 develop and what is the purpose and goals of this program?
Over the years, the public health care system has evolved due to the numerous legislative and regulatory influences. These efforts are being illustrated as legislative and regulatory pressures on the form and function of the delivery system.
Note: Click here to view a link to get a better understanding about the issues affecting the community and nation (Go to Policy and Advocacy > Congress and Federal Agencies > Legislation and Issues).
- What current legislation has had the maximum impact on the way health care is provided?
- What interest group(s) influenced the establishment of this legislation?
Mention an interest associated with a health care promotion or wellness program that, according to you, had the greatest impact on the people of the U.S. in the last three years. Provide a description of this program.
The description should include the following details:
- What were the activities actually associated with the program?
- How was it reported in the media?
- What was it about this program that had an impact on you?
- What population was involved? Why do you think the specified population was involved in the program?
- What do you think can be done by society to promote this program?