Option #2: Reflections on Resolving Work Conflict
For this assignment, you will identify a workplace conflict that you have researched. Address the following in a paper:
- Describe the organization and share its URL.
- Briefly describe the conflict and make sure to use at least two different sources, such as a newspaper article, a scholarly article, or a trade (business) publication. Do you detect differences in the accounts of the conflict?
- Outline the steps in the de-escalation technique used; highlight the benefit of each step in the process.
- Identify the conflict resolution or negotiation processes that were used.
- Highlight the advantages and disadvantages of the approach.
- Describe why you believe the approach was successful or unsuccessful.
- What was the end result of the conflict? Analyzing the conflict, what might have been handled differently and by whom?
- Your paper should be 4 pages in length, not counting the required title and references pages.
- Cite a minimum of six scholarly sources to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to the textbook, four of which should be academic, peer-reviewed sources. (You may not use the required and recommended readings for this course.)