Physical Anthropology Final Paper Requirements
This final paper will consist of you researching a primate (living or extinct) or hominin (any excluding Homo sapiens) of your choice. Within the paper the details regarding the species you choose from the guidelines listed below.
· Paper Page length: 4 pages (minimum)
· Format: standard margins (1 in all around); 12 point Times New Roman Font, Double Spaced
· Sources: must have a minimum of 3 sources
· MLA or Chicago format only
· 1 peer-reviewed source (textbook does not count)
· No Wikipedia, dictionary, encyclopedia, etc. type sources
· You may use the Smithsonian as a resource. If you should have other questions regarding resources, please feel free to reach out via e-mail.
Suggestions (varies depending on topic):
· Your presentation/paper should include the following:
· Where the species was found
· How it lived
· What it ate
· When it lived (timeline) if an ancient species
· Who first identified it as a species
· Why it was named and how
· Key features that distinguish the species on the skeletal aspect
· Detailed account regarding the species physical aspects (how did it walk, what was the body makeup)
· In addition, include information regarding where you best believe this species would live today based upon the information that you researched. (If extinct)
· If you choose a hominin who came before and after and what made it an important species.
· You will be graded based upon grammar, punctuation, content and following the guidelines.
· While it is not important to have every suggested topic, what is more important is that you provide a paper that is informative to the audience regarding the species that you choose.
· Follow the grading matrix for specific details.