Access the Project Resources graphic to below for the article used in this assignment.
Risk of Violent Crime Victimization
On the basis of your analysis, respond to the following:
- Describe the authors’ research questions, methodology, results, and findings.
- Describe how the methodology helped the authors answer the research questions.
- Describe how this article could or should influence public policy.
- If you were to replicate the research of Lemieux and Felson using the data from Week 2 Project, would you have all the data you need to replicate their research? Are the Uniform Crime Report (UCR) statistics sufficient for reproducing their research?
- What might be missing and preventing you from completing their research using the data from W2 Assignment 2?
- How would you go about getting the needed information to complete their research?
- Identify and describe other measures of crime in the United States that would be more appropriate to replicate their research and include a description of those data sources.
- Be specific as to how the sources you identified are more appropriate measures than the UCR.