Health care delivery and the organizations that provide, manage, and reimburse for it are growing at an explosive rate. As part of this trend, the allied health job sector is the largest employment sector, with job growth projections in the 14% plus range for the period 2018-2028 (according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2018).
Expansive growth is a response to current and predicted need for services, and while encouraging, sustained and rapid growth will inevitably affect safety, risk management, and quality provision on scales not yet seen by health care organizations.
In an essay of 1,250-1,500 words, provide your assessment, with recommendations, for how the United States, as a country, can best manage quality assurance in the health care workplace going into the future.
Questions to consider include:
- How best can the United States, as a country, manage this growth in the allied health sector? What role does the 2008 Medicare Improvement for Patients and Providers Act (MIPPA), accrediting body requirements for workplace safety, risk management, and quality care, play in this effort? Provide examples.
- Analyze the core safety, risk management factors, and quality management tools in the health care industry through accreditation that assist in the decision-making process for implementation in allied health care.
- Describe the decision-making process for safety, risk management, and quality management in allied health care.
- What steps might the United States take, from the global to the organizational level, to maintain high standards for providing outstanding care-based services?
- Describe the core safety, risk management, and quality management tools in the health care industry.
- What are two or more performance-based trends in patient safety, risk management, and quality management in health care organizations currently being followed to meet this goal?
Access the AHRQ National Quality Measures Clearinghouse and the National Quality Forum from the topic Resources to aid in the completion of this assignment.
Provide a minimum of three qualified resources from the readings, the GCU Library, or cited sources in order to complete this assignment successfully.