https://myessayvalet.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logoMEV.png 0 0 Valet https://myessayvalet.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logoMEV.png Valet2022-12-31 22:18:502022-12-31 22:18:50Short Answer Questions – work check
Unit 1 Objectives:
- Using at least one physiological example, explain the concept of homeostasis.
- Explain and provide examples of specificity, competition, and saturation in proteins.
- Explain the concepts of specificity, competition, and saturation as they relate to enzymes.
- Explain the fluid-mosaic model of the cell membrane.
- Compare osmolarity and tonicity.
- Compare simple diffusion, facilitated diffusion and active transport.
- Explain why cells need both channel and carrier proteins.
- Explain the concepts of specificity, competition, and saturation as they relate to carrier-mediated transport.
- Briefly outline the major components of the core concept of flow-down gradients.
- Briefly outline the major components of the core concept of cell-to-cell chemical communication.