Choose to respond to this scenario from a government or a contractor perspective. If you select government, then you will complete the assignment as if you are a government employee (or military personnel) receiving the proposal from the contractor. If you select contractor, then you will complete the assignment as if you are a contractor employee submitting a proposal to the government.
Imagine that you are working on a program for the purchase of (if government) or the sale of (if contractor) the installation of security fencing around the base of towers along the Arizona-Mexico border that are used for long-range cameras. The cost of the project is one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000). Your boss has asked you to create a portion of the main contract for a small business set- aside contract.
Write a six to eight (6-8) contract proposal in which you:
- Examine the purpose of the federal small business program to include a historical aspect of the government regulations that created the program.
- Evaluate the small business set-aside program in regard to the eligibility to participate.
- Assess the dollar threshold reserved for small business contracts in the scenario.
- Analyze the contract formats for government contracts to include universal and commercial formats. Determine which format to use for the small business contract described in the scenario.
- Determine the purpose of the source selection evaluation plan.
- Create ranking of criteria for evaluation plans for this scenario
- Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Apply the concepts of the federal small business program and apply the contract format.
- From a contractorâ€™s perspective, synthesize actions to make the decision to respond and bid on an RFP.
- Apply the considerations for effective source selection and technical evaluation plans, and develop actions to complete the legal review during the solicitation phase.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in government acquisition.
- Write clearly and concisely about government acquisition using proper writing mechanics.