Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resources on your own before you bid. You need to have scholarly support for any claim of fact or recommendation regarding treatment. APA format also requires headings. Use the prompt each week to guide your heading titles and organize the content of your initial post under the appropriate headings. Remember to use scholarly research from peer-reviewed articles that is current. Please follow the instructions to get full credit for the discussion. I need this completed by 07/08/20 at 8pm. McLennan County is my county. I have attached the project paper.
Discussion – Week 6
Top of Form
Social Change Portfolio: Part 4: Diversity and Ethical Considerations
As you consider your community problem, is there a segment of the community that may be impacted more than others? Are there issues related to the diversity of this group, and does this raise ethical considerations?
For this Discussion, you will explore the challenges related to evidence-based and culturally relevant prevention as it applies to diverse populations within your targeted community problem. You also will uncover any ethical considerations you might need to further examine as it relates to the practice of prevention for your targeted problem.
- Review the Learning Resources for this week and consider Diversity and Ethical Considerations as they relate to the diverse population in your targeted community problem.
- Create a section in your Social Change Portfolio called “Part 4: “Diversity and Ethical Considerations”
- Conduct a literature review and/or a review of local public health data to identify a specific population (such as LGBT, ethnic minority, etc.) that is affected by the target problem in your community. Cite at least 2 peer-reviewed sources. For example, if your target problem is teenage substance abuse then your broad population is teens. Then, include the following:
- Identify a particular subgroup within that population (e.g., males, a specific ethnic minority group, etc.) that is impacted by this problem in a different way or at increased rates.
- Describe the unique impact or different rates of the problem among this group.
- Based on your research, briefly describe 2 to 3 mechanisms to increase the cultural relevance of a prevention program with the identified population.
- Briefly describe some of the core ethical considerations in prevention programming for this target problem in your community including stakeholder collaboration, informed consent, and confidentiality.
Note: For the purposes of this course, your focus is to develop a plan, but not to actually implement the project. In goal setting, consider what is truly achievable. A vast goal such as, “eliminate teen substance abuse in my community,” is unrealistic.
Instead, a goal such as “increase awareness of teen substance abuse and identify resources and a plan to reduce teen substance abuse” is more realistic.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
Bottom of Form
Hage, S., & Romano, J. L. (2013). Best practices in prevention. In R. K. Conyne & A. M. Horne (Eds.). Prevention practice kit: Action guides for mental health professionals (pp. 32-46). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE.
Vera, E. M., & Kenny, M. E. (2013). Social justice and culturally relevant prevention. In R. K. Conyne & A. M. Horne (Eds.). Prevention practice kit: Action guides for mental health professionals (pp. 1-59). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE.
American Counseling Association (2014). 2014 ACA Code of Ethics. Retrieved from https://www.counseling.org/Resources/aca-code-of-ethics.pdf
Walden Scholars of Change (2016). Giving incarcerated women a second chance. https://www.waldenu.edu/connect/video-and-multimedia/social-change/scholars-of-change/2016-winners/giving-incarcerated-women-a-second-chance