The patient’s current medication therapy includes digoxin, 0.25 mg PO qd; hydrochlorothiazide, 25 mg PO qd; and captopril, 25 mg PO tid. (Learning Objectives 2, 3, 4, 6, 7)
- 1.Why is Mr. Stein on these drugs?
- 2.Are there any contraindications or precautions that would eliminate the use of these drugs for Mr. Stein?
- 3.Are there any aspects of digoxin’s core drug knowledge that are especially relevant to consider because they may interact with the core patient variables?
- 4.Which findings from the nursing assessment demonstrate the effectiveness or possible adverse effects from drug therapy?
- 5.Which findings from the nursing assessment demonstrate possible adverse effects from drug therapy?
- 6.What teaching is required for Mr. Stein regarding his drug therapy? Do you need any additional data to determine appropriate teaching?