Strayer University Health & Medical Communicable Diseases Report
To complete this activity, use the Internet and Strayer databases and refer to your readings in the textbooks. You will be tasked with finding reliable sources about a transmissible disease outbreak in a health care setting.
Choose any transmissible disease to focus on for this assignment (you will focus on that same disease in the assignment that follows in Week 7). The disease you focus on should be a transmissible disease of concern in your own community or area of interest. You may choose to reference your county or state Department of Health (DOH) as well as the CDC website to narrow your focus. As an option, you can also choose to use one of these websites to narrow your focus to a disease of concern near you:
- Global Incident Map Displaying Outbreaks of All Varieties of Diseases.
- The Global Health Observatory Map Gallery.
Write a report to an audience of interest in which you do the following:
1. Identify and cite at least three relevant and reliable sources of data an epidemiological manager would consult when managing this outbreak.
- You may consult any reliable Internet resources as long as they are less than 5 years old. This may include reports from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), or the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Your resources should also provide a clear and concise summary of the data and results.
2. Summarize the major findings on the disease. Include a table from at least one of your resources that includes that report’s data.