1. Chose a main Texas policy topic from https://ballotpedia.org/Public_policy_in_Texas
Topics include fiscal policy, civil liberties, education, elections, energy and environment, healthcare, and immigration.
2. Each topics has a drop down of specific public policies. Select one however, be sure it is a TEXAS policy. Although it can have overlap with federal policy
3. Your project is to analyze the Texas public policy you chose. The elements of your analysis should include such things as the history of the policy, past and current legislation, what are current trends or problems. Be sure to include how the policy is funded and utilize supporting evidence from various groups/parties who are stakeholders in the policy.
4. Think critically, has the policy been successful related to why it was passed? Has it accomplished its goals? What are the obstacles and/or challenges?
5. See the requirements below
Cover page: Includes Your name; GOVT 2306; CWID; Term (Fall 2019 etc.) ; Instructor
Times New Roman 12-point font
This must be in WORD or PDF format
Introduction paragraph briefly outlining what you are going to be analyzing.
Conclusion paragraph briefly reiterating what you analyzed and provided supporting evidence of.
Utilize proper in text parenthetical citations and a compiled work cited page using MLA, Chicago, or APA format style.
Minimum word count 1,200 words
Utilize a minimum of 6 legitimate sources: In general a thorough analysis/case study would have 8-10 sources.
– Center for Responsive Politics https://www.opensecrets.org/
– Vote Smart https://votesmart.org/
-Texans for public justice http://www.tpj.org/
– Library of Congress https://www.loc.gov/rr/main/alcove9/usgov/intgroups.html
-TAMUC library databases such as
Academic Search Complete
-Best websites include .edu/.org/.gov
Your sources must be legitimate and less than 10 years old
You may utilize graphs/charts/tables (But they are not part of word count, but do add analysis points- see grading rubric)
Your paper MUST utilize both in text parenthetical citations and have a compiled work cited page.