Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review the assigned course textbook readings.
Your instructor will post an announcement with the reference (PROVIDED IN ATTACHMENTS) for the quantitative research study to be critiqued in this assignment.
Calder Calisi, C. (2017). The Effects of the Relaxation Response on Nurses’ Level of Anxiety, Depression, Well-Being, Work-Related Stress, and Confidence to Teach Patients. Journal of Holistic Nursing, 35(4), 318–327. https://doi-org.proxy-library.ashford.edu/10.1177/0898010117719207
After reading the posted study, use the Quantitative Research Critique Template to compose and organize your assignment.
In your paper,
• Summarize the research question, hypothesis, methods, and results of the assigned quantitative study.
• Determine whether the study used an experimental or non-experimental approach.
• Evaluate the appropriateness of the research methods and analytical approaches used in the study. Support the position with evidence cited from the textbook and at least one other scholarly/peer-reviewed source about the research design or method.
• Analyze ethical issues pertaining to how the study was carried out.
• Critique the strengths, weaknesses, and limitations of the study.
• Recommend a research question and methods for a follow-up study on the topic.
• Utilize the provided template with section headings.
The Quantitative Research Critique paper
• Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) using the template provided and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)
’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
The template is a Word document that is pre-formatted in APA style. If unable to use the pre-formatted template, see the following instructions for formatting.
• Must include a separate title page with the following:
◦ Title of paper
◦ Student’s name
◦ Course name and number
◦ Instructor’s name
◦ Date submitted
USE ARTICLE AND TEMPLATE PROVIDED TO COMPLETE THE ASSIGNMENT!