The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
As your text states, “the early childhood field takes very seriously the need to adhere to ethical behavior” (Estes & Krogh, 2012, p. 285). For this reason, the NAEYC has provided guidelines to assist early childhood educators with the decisions made on a daily basis that have both moral and ethical implications.
To prepare for this discussion, read NAEYC’s Code of Ethical Conduct and Statement of Commitment (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site., and reread the NAEYC’s core values outlined in Chapter 10 of your text.
For this discussion:
- Choose four of the core values from Section 10.2 of your textbook.
- For each core value you choose, discuss how you would implement it into your future classroom.
- For example, if your chosen core value was “Respect the dignity, worth, and uniqueness of each individual (child, family member, and colleague),” you might discuss changes you would make to a traditional holiday curriculum that would reflect this value.
- Explain how your knowledge and understanding of these values will help to make you a better early childhood educator and colleague. Support this portion of your discussion with at least one scholarly source (Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. table).
- To assist you in completing the library research required for this assignment, view this How Do I Begin? (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. tutorial, which provides an overview of conducting searches in the library, generating keywords, and understanding your assignment prompt.