- Each separate entry should:
- contain a minimum of 120 words.
- consist of a summary, paraphrase, synthesis of material you are reading/studying in this course.
- be written in your own words – do not quote the work of others verbatim.
- discuss the subject matter that you are studying – do not simply agree/disagree.
- Your study involves, first and foremost, learning the nation’s past;
doing so requires a review of previously published studies, so you are
encouraged to conduct research using outside resources, but be sure to
draft your journal entries in your own words.
- Direct quotations should not be used; citations are not necessary.
- Do not copy/paste information from any source.
- No citations
10 Journal entries over the following subjects:
The Second Great Awakening, The Cult of Domesticity, Monroe Doctrine, Trail of Tears, Slave revolt in Louisiana (1811), Harriet Tubman escaping slavery, The 1st Shaker Community in Upstate NY(1787), South Carolina secedes(1860), Black Codes(1867), Fifteenth Amendment ratified (1870)