I need help with a History question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
THE U.S. SINCE THE 1990S
If you were teaching a course on modern U.S. history, what themes would you emphasize in the history of the country from the 1990s to the present? In what ways are longer-term historical trends visible in this period? How does an understanding of the longer history of the U.S. help us make sense of more recent trends, developments, and controversies?
write a 200-word discussion board post in response to the prompt. In your response, you must quote or make reference to at least one of the documents assigned for reading in this module. You may also use material addressed in the lecture videos.
you must post a 50-word substantive response to one of your classmates’ posts.
REQUIRED READING: VOICES OF FREEDOM
- Document 192 – Bill Clinton, Speech on the Signing of NAFTA
- Document 193 – Declaration for Global Democracy (1999)
- Document 195 –Jaula de Oro (Cage of Gold), by Los Tigres del Norte (Tigers of the North) (1984)
- Document 197 – Second Inaugural Address of George W. Bush (2005)
- Document 199 – Anthony Kennedy, Opinion of the Court in Obergefell v. Hodges (2015)
- Document 200 – Security, Liberty, and the War on Terror (2008)
- Document 201 – Barack Obama, Eulogy at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church (2015)