-You will be writing a SWOT Analysis paper
-Topic: Billionaires love parks
-You could use this link to help out: https://www.nrpa.org/blog/top-trends-in-parks-and-recreation-for-2018/
What is a SWOT Analysis?
A SWOT analysis is a tool that allows individuals to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. This is usually used in the business world to assess an organization. However, you will conduct a SWOT analysis on a parks and recreation trend, program, or activity.
Each essay should include an Introduction that is a brief history of the topic or trend, where it came from and why it is important. Then sections for each topic, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats followed by a conclusion on your thoughts of the trend/topic and how it may or may not work in a department. For a maximum grade each section should include a number of examples and how those examples support that section.
Example: Increased demand for Dog Parks
· Introduction (Brief history) – less open space, more condo/apartment living, desire for companion animals to be in public space…
· Strength – Opportunity for dogs to get outside and be part of their owners’ life.
· Weakness – Take public land opportunity away for other uses
· Opportunity – Previously undesired or unused lands can be more easily converted to dog parks (drain and flood areas).
· Threats – Endangered species may prevent more dog parks, i.e. nesting birds and their fear of predators.
· Conclusion – what recommendations would you make to parks departments, to increase or decrease dog’s parks and where should they be located.
The document should be about 6 pages long (roughly 1,500 words). I would imagine that each section, including the introduction and conclusion should take up about a page each. The document should have 1 inch margins, 12 point Times New Roman Font and be double spaced.
DON’T try and writing trickery to make the document bigger than it needs to be. Your heading should only include your name and the date of the document and does not need to be double spaced. You do not need to include section headings or any other filler. Please no extra-large periods or any other space fillers on your document. See Rubric below.