- Describe how design principles of abstraction, modularity, and layering help with security.
- Describe tradeoffs in implementing defense in depth to protect computers and software applications in a company.
- A domain name server (DNS) converts human-readable addresses like “google.com” to computer-readable IP addresses like “220.127.116.11”. Your computer has a local DNS cache, so it can quickly refer to DNS lookups it’s already performed rather than performing a DNS lookup over and over again. Discuss the tradeoffs in this design.
- In a small company when an employee enters a building he/she has access to all rooms. Which four principles of security are violated in this practice?
- An application is divided into components as shown in the picture. Which design principle(s) is (are) applied in this scenario? Explain.