Please complete the following questions. It is important that you use full sentences and present the questions and answers when you submit your work.
Submit the work as a file attachment. This means you complete all work in a word processing document (e.g., Microsoft Word) and attach the file using the dropbox tool. Use the Unit 6: Text Questions dropbox.
The answers to the Text Questions are worth 10 points.
Unit 6 Text Questions
- What are lancet arches? Describe how and why they are used.
- What are flying buttresses? Describe how and why they are used.
- What are gargoyles? What are their functions in architecture?
- What are barrel vaults?
- What is Migration Period art? What is Insular art?
Critical Thinking Questions
- Why is it somewhat difficult to distinguish early Christian art from other art of that time period?
- How did Christianity influence art?
- What are the characteristics of Byzantine art?
- What are the characteristics of Gothic art?
- Choose one artwork shown in the unit. Write a two-paragraph art critique of the piece.