Current Issues and Trends
As an early childhood educator, it is important to stay up-to-date with current and emerging issues in the field. It is also important to be well-informed as you shape your viewpoints on these issues. For this journal, choose one of the following early childhood education issues:
· Technology and young children
· Cultural diversity
· Universal Pre-K Initiative
· Common Core State Standards Initiative
After you have chosen your topic, research the topic to learn more about the issue. One resource you may find helpful to review is the National Association for the Education of Young Children’s Early Childhood Education Topics.
Prepare: As you prepare to write your first journal for this class, take a few moments to do the following:
· Review the full tutorial: The Grammarly Guide: How to Set Up & Use Grammarly.
· Set up a Grammarly account (if you have not already done so).
Write: In a Word document, summarize your chosen issue in your own words, and explain how the issue will impact your work in the early childhood education field. Your summary should be between 300 to 400 words.
Revise: Use Grammarly to review the draft of your journal. Carefully read all issues found by Grammarly, and revise your journal accordingly.
· If you need assistance submitting your journal to Grammarly, please contact the Writing Center directly. If your question is regarding setting up your account, contact Grammarly Support..
Submit: Submit your 300- to 400-word journal along with a screenshot that shows your feedback from submitting your journal to Grammarly.