Over the next eight weeks, you will be responding to the tasks your new boss Daniel Chinn has set out for you in his onboarding program so that he may get a good idea of how you can benefit the company with your management skills. Each week you will follow the directions for the assignment and discuss them with your fellow new hires so that you can develop your own best answers. This week Daniel Chinn wants to see your “big vision” of the company’s workplace and how it will profit the company going forward.
The New Virginia Meats, Inc. Workplace
At the end of the week, you as a new management hire will be asked to turn in a memo to the CEO of Virginia Meats (see corporate profile in week one content area) on the vision you have for the company’s workplace.
Brainstorming is a technique that seeks to collect a myriad of ideas about a problem in an effort to find a unique and often innovative way of handling the solution. It can also be a way of collecting information about a situation or produce feedback about a particular topic. Brainstorming works very simply with only three rules: No idea is too far fetched, all ideas are to be accepted by the group for consideration, and the ideas must focus on the topic presented for discussion not whether the idea will work or not. Obviously, many ideas will be discounted later on when constraints like budget or implementation impossibilities may block its consideration for successful implementation. However, for the purpose of this discussion focus only on suggesting ideas from the class material and research which will answer the topic under discussion. Use the following template for your memo format: Memo Format
1. By FRIDAY, complete the following:
- Using the memo template prepare a memo to CEO Mr. Chinn that describes how you envision the future Virginia Meats workplace.
- How the use of automation will affect the employees and their work experience.
- The organizational structure of the company (the types of jobs and the flow of power).
- The actual work environment (physical vs. virtual) and the type of culture. Hint: how would “the learning organization model” influence your workplace?
- The challenges anticipated to make these changes.
- The memo must contain at least three ideas related to each of the topics up for discussion (i.e. three ideas about the way automation will affect employees, three about job types and company structures, and three about the work environment). You must use course material to support your responses and APA in-text citations with a reference list.