Assignment 2: For AGPCNP Students Episodic Visit: Common Gynecologic Health Conditions Focused Note For FNP Students OB Episodic Visit: Focused Note
Patient histories are a building block of the diagnosis and treatment. By effectively interviewing patients in their care, advanced practice nurses can piece together facts to construct a relevant history that can lead to assessment and treatment.
For this Focused Note Assignment, you will select a patient with common gynecologic health conditions from your clinical experience and construct a patient history, assess and diagnose the patient’s health condition(s), and justify the best treatment option(s) for the patient.
Note: All Focused Notes must be signed, and each page must be initialed by your preceptor. When you submit your Focused Notes, you should include the complete Focused Note as a Word document and pdf/images of each page that is initialed and signed by your preceptor. You must submit your Focused Notes using SAFE ASSIGN.
Note: Electronic signatures are not accepted. If both files are not received by the due date, faculty will deduct points per the Walden Late Policies.
- Use the Focused SOAP Note Template found in this week’s Learning Resources to complete this Assignment.
- For AGPCNP students select a patient with common gynecologic health conditions whom you examined during the last three weeks in your practicum experience. For FNP students select a OB patient that you have examined in the last three weeks in your practicum experience. With this patient in mind, address the following in your Focused Note Template:
- Subjective: What details did the patient provide regarding her personal and medical history?
- Objective: What observations did you make during the physical assessment?
- Assessment: What were your differential diagnoses? Provide a minimum of three possible diagnoses. List them from highest priority to lowest priority. What was your primary diagnosis and why?
- Plan: What was your plan for diagnostics and primary diagnosis? What was your plan for treatment and management, including alternative therapies? Include pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic treatments, alternative therapies, and follow-up parameters, as well as a rationale for this treatment and management plan.
- Reflection notes: What would you do differently in a similar patient evaluation?