This week, you will choose a speech to analyze and develop an outline and a thesis statement for your analytical paper.
Using the critical reading skills practiced during this course, you will formulate a thesis statement that presents a unique and specific interpretation of the speech. In order to analyze effectively, you will need to engage in close reading, or reading â€œbetween the lines.â€ This means that you will be choosing representative passages and carefully deconstructing them, highlighting connotations that may not be immediately obvious to fellow readers.
This week’s assignment:
- Review the instructions and requirements for the analytical paper.
- Choose and read ONE of the following options to analyze:
- Develop a thesis statement in which you present your interpretation of the speech.
- Develop an outline using the provided template to help you organize your points to support your thesis statement. Think of it as a skeleton that you will â€œflesh outâ€ when you write your paper.
- You must write full sentences for the thesis statement, the topic/transition sentences, the passages, and the restatement of thesis.
- Note: The passages will be direct quotes from the text, so include quotation marks and a citation in APA style.
- Do not include any information from research yet. You first want to make sure that you have enough evidence from the text itself to defend your thesis.
Due Sunday, 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time)
i have chosen Barack Obama’s , will attach pdf