Review chapter 1 in our text(Adler. looking out, looking in) and thoroughly answer the following questions:
- What are your general interpersonal strengths and weaknesses?
- What behavioral goals do you have for improving your effectiveness with other people?
- How does interpersonal communication differ from other forms of communication (small group, one to many, etc.)?
- What are some of the common models and understandings of communication, including some popular and mistaken models of the communication process?
- What is special about and particular to one-to-one communication, as opposed to, for example, public speaking or even small group communication.
- Why, even if it does not always yield us exactly what we seek, is competence in the interpersonal arena a worthwhile goal to pursue everyone?
- Finally, incorporate ideas, theories, and/or terms from the textbook readings required for this module that relate to this discussion.