I need support with this History question so I can learn better.
Choose ONE ELEMENT of the Gothic style and follow its evolution, finding something modern or contemporary which reflects its influence
(your example does not need to be a part of architecture!)
1.) Please show us TWO images: one of the Gothic era and one that is more modern.
(Your modern example should be dated to after the late 19th century (1860s and onward.)
- Please include in your information: What are we looking at? All basic information of what it is.
- What Gothic characteristics does your modern example have? (This is the analysis.)
- Your short essay should be at least two paragraphs.
Some elements of the Gothic style you might consider are:
– the pointed arch
– groin vaulting systems
– flying buttresses
– compound piers
– rose windows
– stained glass
– the concept of “light” in architecture
but make sure you find a connection to your modern example!
Some sites to get you started:
– Please remember to cite sources!
– Submit your work to Turnitin.com. Thank you