- Why is it important for a health care administrator to be able to read and understand the various types of laws?
This should not be opinion, but an analysis, supported by the readings and your own research.
Be sure that you have read “Before You Begin” to ensure that you are meeting all requirements for the discussions.
Before You Begin
Active participation in all discussions is required.
- Post comments at least 3 times during each module, at least 2 days apart.
- Your comments will be graded on how well they meet each of the criteria on the grading rubric.
- The discussions are important! 23% of your final grade is based on them.
Before writing your comments:
- Review the Discussion grading rubric to see what is expected for an excellent discussion, in order to earn full credit.
- Review some resources to help you synthesize, such as the following:
Sullivan, J. (2011). Strategies for Synthesis Writing. Retrieved from http://www.findingdulcinea.com/features/edu/Strategies-for-Synthesis-Writing.html
Initial post for each module discussion:
- At the beginning of each module, address the discussion topic, making sure to meet all of the criteria on the rubric.
- A substantive comment should be approximately 200 words or more.
- Cite sources within your comment to support your statements.
- Include at least one reference, properly formatted, not just a link.
Second post for each module discussion:
- Read the initial comments posted by your classmates and reflect upon them.
- Formulate one new comment of your own. It must be a logical and thoughtful response that synthesizes the comments of at least 3 classmates into one comment. Be sure to synthesize; do not simply reply to each of the 3 classmates or restate their comments.
- If the class is small, the discussion will be with your professor.
- NOTE: You are not required to cite sources and include a reference list for the second post if it is simply your opinion. However, if your opinion is based on facts (as it should be), it is good practice to strengthen your position by citing sources.
- Be sure to meet all of the criteria in the rubric, as noted in the instructions above.