Police misconduct is not new. We understand that it is divided into two larger categories: police brutality and police corruption. We are going to center on police brutality for this discussion.
Choose one of the following topics to discuss. Be sure to meet all the discussion requirements. ( AT LEAST 500 WORDS AND AT LEAST 2 REFERENCES) You may use the class resources as your references. EVERYONE MUST INCLUDE SOMETHING ON THE FOLLOWING:
- Is this behavior ever acceptable for a police officer?
Question to choose from:
- Why people feel police brutality is on the rise. What areas that experience most cases of police brutality.
- Can people agree on the definition of police brutality? Are police departments doing enough to eliminate or reduce such claims?
- Punishment officers should face if convicted. Most brutal forms of brutality committed.
- Does race play a role or encourages it to occur more often? Who experiences it more: men or women?