You made an agreement with your parents (or spouse, partner, relative, or friend) that you would submit a report at this time describing the progress you have made toward your educational goal (employment, certificate, or degree). If all else fails, you can address the memo to me.
In memorandum format (several templates can be found in Word,) write a progress report that describes your progress toward your educational goal. Address your progress report to your parents, spouse, partner, relative, or friend. In your memo (a) describe your goal; (b) summarize the work you have completed thus far; (c) discuss thoroughly the work currently in progress, including your successes and anticipated obstacles; and (d) forecast your future activities in relation to your scheduled completion date.
This memo should be formatted as follows:
- Left and right margins should be 1.25â€
- Font should be Arial 12 pt.
- Standard spacing (double space guidewords and single space body of memo)
- Length should be no more than 2 pages
- Headings/subheadings should be used as appropriate to the memo content
- Use of Active Voice in choice of verbs
- Grammar, spelling, and punctuation count!