Research Paper Assignment
You are to write a research paper on a topic related to adult development. You may write on any topic that you choose, as long as it relates to developmental psychology. A suggestion would be to utilize the textbook as a starting source of inspiration for a topic. Your paper will consist of the following sections:
A. Introduction: Describe your topic and why you chose this particular topic.
B. Body: Summarize the results of current research on your topic. Current means published within the last 10 years. Identify which topic of adulthood you are addressing. Explain how topic contributes to the study of life span development. Discuss the major points addressed by your paper.
C. Conclusion: State what you learned from the material. Relate your findings to the material covered in class. Tell how the research is similar to, different from, contradictory to, or supplementary to the material covered in class and in the text.
~ Your assignment is to write a 3-4 page typed double spaced paper including researched information about development. Pay attention to the types of sources you use and make sure that they are credible sources. If you are not sure what sources are credible, please ask. Some examples are books, journal articles, and some reputable organizational websites. You must use at least four (4) references, and these sources must be dated within the last 10 years. Be sure to cite your references within the body of your paper and include a reference page at the end as is a requirement of an APA style paper.
Specific Formatting Instructions:
· Please use only Times New Roman or Arial font.
· Make sure that the size of the font is 12pts.
· Set your margins to 1” all around (i.e. left, right, top, and bottom).
· Please include a title page listing your name, date, course name and number, and instructor’s name.
· This assignment should be 3-4 pages. (This 3-4 pages does not include the title page or reference page)
· Please be mindful of sentence structure, spelling, and grammar.
· You will be graded on the content of your work as well as grammar and formatting.
· Please include a reference page. Also remember to include citations within the body of your work. All work referenced must be cited and vice versa. This is according to APA format
· This paper should follow APA formatting standards.
Due Date: All papers are due by November 16, 2018. Please do not wait until the last minute to start on or complete this assignment.
Helpful Hint: Do not wait until the very last minute to start on your final paper. Allow yourself time to revise your paper to make any needed changes and/or corrections. Please ask for help if you need it. Remember that we have an on campus writing lab should you need extra assistance or helpful instruction to make sure you are on task. Please pay attention to spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Utilize the spelling and grammar check features of the computer program used to create your assignment (ex. Microsoft Word).
Please let me know if you have any questions or if you need assistance with APA format.
****Do not wait until the last minute to start on and complete this research paper.